The hustle and bustle of the holiday season is enough to send anyone into a tizzy. Add hosting duties on top of it all and you might be feeling overwhelmed. However, preparing your home for company during this exciting time of togetherness doesn’t have to be stressful. In fact, we’re sharing our top tips for sprucing up your space this season. Read on to find out how to easily refresh, renew, and redecorate just before the doorbell rings.
- 1. Light a candle. Changing up the mood of your space really can be as easy as lighting a seasonal-smelling candle. The warm glow and festive fragrance can transform a space.
- 2. Switch up your pillows and throw blankets. This is one of the simplest (and most affordable) ways to accent your home for the season. Adding pops of color and texture to your living room is an easy way to bring the holidays home and make guests feel welcome.
- 3. Prepare a space for overnight guests. If you have friends or family staying over, you can make the space inviting for them, too. A clean space is an easy start, but fluffy blankets and a holiday themed candle can go a long way to making your spare room someone’s home away from home. Don’t forget to leave a note with the wifi password!
- 4. Change up your art. Redecorating the walls doesn’t have to involve paint – it can be as easy as a quick trip to your local housing goods store to pick out some seasonal artwork.
- 5. Set the table. Setting an effortless, elegant tablescape is key to making your guests feel cozy. Start with a few timeless pieces you’ll use again, then add some tea lights, colorful napkins, and perhaps a garland or two, and you’re good to go!
- 6. Break out the baking gear. Instead of hosting an extravagant sit-down meal, consider having everyone over for a little bake-off. Whether it’s gingerbread cookies or your grandma’s famous casserole, gathering in the kitchen is a quick way to warm up your home (literally) and spend meaningful time together.
- 7. Roll out the welcome mat. This might be the fastest way to set the mood for the holidays! Your welcome mat is the first thing guests see when arriving at your house, so why not modify it to set the tone?
- 8. Turn up the tunes. Before your guests arrive, make a holiday playlist you can put on in the background with the touch of a button.
- 9. Bring the outdoors in. Whether it’s mini pumpkins on the kitchen table or garlands of evergreen wrapped around the staircase, bringing nature inside is a fantastic way to get festive!