Tax Tip: Report Name Changes

Did you change your name since the last tax season?

According to the IRS, the name on your tax return MUST match your Social Security Administration (SSA) records.

Tax tip to save time:

Make sure to notify the SSA of any name changes before you file your taxes, or you may receive a letter from the IRS about the inconsistency.

Tax tip to save money:

The interest on your mortgage may be tax-deductible. The Tax Reform Act of 1986 revised the tax code, in part, to encourage homeownership.

Consult your tax accountant or financial advisor for advice on the tax deductibility of mortgage interest.

For information about home financing, visit