The New Year is traditionally a time when folks set personal goals like dieting or starting an exercise routine. However, have you considered coming up with resolutions for improving your home in the coming year?
Here are seven New Year’s Resolutions for homeowners:
- De-clutter. Go through your home room-by-room and create three piles: trash/recycling, sell and donate. You’ll be surprised how many items you don’t use that could either generate cash or tax deductions.
- Complete one home improvement project. It will help improve your home value and you’ll learn something new in the process.
- Make extra mortgage payments. Making extra payments will help shorten the length of your mortgage.
- Use less energy. That way, you’ll have less expensive utility bills and more money to use for other home projects.
- Plant a new tree outside. Or, liven up a room with a new indoor plant.
- Get out of your house and learn something new. Either sign up for a class or find a new hobby. It will help you appreciate your home when you return.
- Check your home for potential hazards. Check old wires, fire alarms and older appliances for wear and tear. Replace or fix where necessary.
If you need cash for a home improvement project, refinancing may be an option. Visit www.freedommortgage.com for information about home financing options.