It can be difficult to breathe during the work week, let alone take a proper lunch break. Planning and packing lunches can be almost impossible for some professionals.
However, eating out during the week can contain to high calories, salt and fat. How can you bring healthy meals to work without sacrificing time?
Here are 6 delicious lunch ideas for the work week:
- Winter Kale Salad. This simple recipe from the Food Network includes kales, pecans, green onions and pear — perfect for an energizing lunch.
- Smashed White Bean and Avocado Sandwich. For a new take on sandwiches, try this recipe by Culinary Colleen which packs in protein. Add refreshing cucumber for crunch and potassium punch.
- Black Bean Soup with Chipotle Chilies. This recipe combines peppers, onions and chilies with black beans for a hearty soup to warm you up from your office’s chilly air.
- Barley & Roasted Vegetable Soup. This soup substitutes hearty winter vegetables and barley for a clean alternative to cream-based soups you’ll find in fast food restaurants.
- Homemade Chicken Sausage Patties with Olives and Oregano. Feed Me Phoebe shares these healthy treats you can make ahead and bring to work for the week.
- Quinoa Tabouli. Need a side or meal? Feed Me Phoebe’s Quinoa Tabouli goes perfectly with Ggreek salad or as a main course.
Readers, what healthy lunches do you bring to work?