Fall offers a change of season like no other. If you’re thinking about changing homes, consider the following.
- Motivated Sellers: If the home has been on the market for a while, the seller may take a lower offer to close the deal before the winter.
- How is your new home’s drainage? Are the gutters in good shape? Proper drainage takes water off of the roof and away from the home. Time spent inspecting the drainage system and addressing any issues can save you a lot of headaches down the road.
- Homebuilders may offer aggressive incentives to close more homes before the end of the year to meet sales targets.
- As home buying activity slows in the fall, you may avoid the bidding wars that occurred in many low inventory markets this summer.
- Home for the holidays! Who doesn’t want to be home for the holiday season? Buying a home is a big decision, but one homeownership benefit is having a place where you may start and share customs and traditions with family and friends.