5 questions to ask yourself when applying for a job after college graduation.
Earning a degree is an impressive accomplishment. The learning your degree required is the precursor to launching a career, but finding the right job can be difficult and confusing. Your first job after college is a critical step toward your career path. In the rush to find a job, some forget to consider if their interests and aptitude align with their employment choice.
As you apply for that important first job, ask yourself these 5 questions:
- Will this job offer the opportunity for upward mobility?
- Will this employer provide training and support?
- Can I grow in this industry?
- Will I need licensing or certifications? Will my employer contribute to the training, and achievement of these certifications?
- Will this role provide enough foundational experience for me to be successful in the future?
If the answer is “no” to any of these questions, it may be worth re-evaluating if you are applying for the right job(s). Identify jobs and employers that offer training, the opportunity for upward mobility, industry exposure, and the professional advancement opportunities that you desire. Use the above listed questions as a guide during interviews to determine if you see signs of a long-term dead end.
If you are looking for hands-on training and a job opportunity that will lead to a career path, the Freedom Mortgage First Flyer Career Development program may be the right path for you. The First Flyer experience lets new grads develop a variety of skills to mature professional interests and transform them into a career. Working at Freedom Mortgage is not only about advancing your skills as a professional, but offers exposure to the financial industry. First Flyers train in multiple roles within the business so you can be successful today, and have a sense of where you’d like to grow tomorrow.
Life is about finding opportunity, exploring interests, and developing skills. Discover your great beginning by applying to the Freedom Mortgage Career Development Program. Achieving is experiencing. Visit us today to learn more or apply.
Latest posts by Jennifer Gitt (see all)
- 5 Reasons to Stay in Tempe After Graduating from ASU - March 14, 2018
- Freedom Mortgage College Recruitment Events - March 13, 2018
- Spring Cleaning Tips - March 7, 2018