It’s the age-old conundrum – grads need experience to get a job but can’t get a job without experience. When the best jobs require industry know-how, what are your options?
1) Internships – in school, your internship may have provided credit toward your degree. For grads, internships are still a possibility, but the low (or no) pay internships could be an obstacle.
2) Working your way up – Entry-level jobs in a company you admire could translate into a career someday. But there are no guarantees and you might stay too long without getting meaningful experience and exposure.
3) Volunteering – can be a great way to learn relevant skills while helping a cause that’s close to your heart. If you can afford to share your time, you’ll certainly learn a lot.
4) Freelancing – if you plan to work in music, graphic design, photography or similar professions, freelancing provides great experience and a welcome pay day. A lack of benefits could be an issue if you can’t rely on parents, spouse or partner.
THE BEST WAY
5) Career Development Programs – offer tremendous value for grads because they pay well, provide benefits, and offer excellent experience through different roles within a company (often referred to as rotations). These programs often cultivate future leaders, and can accelerate advancement. While this career starter can be a true investment in your talent, these programs can be hard to find.
Freedom Mortgage is proud to offer an industry-leading career development program. Known as our “First Flyers” program, we provide grads with the training, mentorship and culture you need to successfully launch your career in financial services.
Headquartered in Mt. Laurel, NJ, Freedom Mortgage is one of the nation’s top 5 mortgage companies according to Inside Mortgage Finance, 2017. We’re a growing company and hiring hundreds of “First Flyers” for roles in the Philadelphia suburbs, Tempe, AZ and Columbia, MD areas.
All majors are welcome to apply. Whether you completed a degree in psychology, art history, business, finance, or virtually anything else, the prospect for a great career awaits.
Graduates (or soon-to-be grads) interested should visit us today to learn more or apply.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation 907 Pleasant Valley Avenue, Suite 3, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054, (800) 220-3333. Lender NMLS # 2767, Equal Housing Opportunity. www.freedommortgage.com/license
Freedom Mortgage is not affiliated with the U.S. government, HUD, FHA, VA, or any other government agencies.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans